2 Hour Beatles Magical History Tour in your coach (or book our vehicle)
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
- Product code: P0EVBC
& lots more with music on your coach or book our transport as an extra cost at checkout
Your fun Beatles tourist guide can guide on your coach or we can provide transport for you. This tour is suitable for groups arriving on a coach or for as a private tour for a group of family or friends.
This is a very popular short tour and the perfect introduction to the Beatles time in Liverpool if you are bringing a group on a coach you'll have a lighthearted guide and the tour is accompanied with music along the way!
Where does the tour start?
You can either meet the coach and your guide at the Royal Albert Dock or choose any other convenient pick up point in Liverpool City Region for example your own hotel.
What time is the tour?
You can choose any starting time for this private tour when you make your booking. Below you will find suggested timings for a morning tour although it can also be booked as an afternoon or evening tour for your group.
Did the Beatles help Liverpool win European Capital of Culture?
Liverpool was European Capital of Culture in 2008 and if you’ve not visited previously or maybe you haven’t been for many years it has now been transformed in to perhaps the most vibrant and cultural UK city outside of London. This tour will help you to see the legacy left by the Fab4 & allow you to consider whether that legacy was the extra ingredient which led to Liverpool winning the bid for the European Capital of Culture Year which was opened in 2008 with Ringo playing drums on the roof of the fabulous neoclassical St Georges Hall.
Your fun insured guide will join your coach (or you can book transport from us) as you arrive at the Albert Dock and you will then enjoy as 15 minute tour of the Waterfront including the iconic Liver Buildings and you see the Headquarters of the Whitestar Shipping Line who built the ill-fated Titanic.
What will we see?
As you leave the city centre you will drive through "Ringoland" and see outside the childhood homes of Ringo, John Lennon & Paul McCartney.
You will also see Strawberry Field Gates.
Drive through Sefton Park which is one of the largest parks in Europe you will enjoy music on your coach and learn a little about the Fab4’s time in Liverpool before having photos taken at the famous Penny Lane Development Centre (where there is a small souvenir shop & restrooms)
Rejoin your coach to see the 2013 Urban Great Street award winning Hope Street with its two cathedrals, theatres, Philharmonic Hall and not to mention the schools and colleges that the Beatles; John, Paul & George attended.
You will pass the Cavern Quarter where there are statues of the Fab4 on the Hard Days Night Hotel and then visit new Central Library and the Victorian Round Reading Room where there are toilet facilities.
The tour will finish at the fabulous Royal Albert Docks where there are lots of shops and restaurants and is only a very short walk to the brand new £1billiion pound retail area called Liverpool One where you can spend the rest of your day at leisure.
Suggested timings - (these can be amended to suit your arrival time) and we can start the tour morning afternoon or evening).
- 10.30am - Start –meet your guide at Liverpool Albert Dock Coach Bays – (postcode L3 4AE)
- 10.45am – Comfort stop at the amazing Victorian Round Reading Room.
- 11.00am – Fun Liverpool City Coach Magical History Tour including:
- World Heritage Site,
- Waterfront & Beatles
- Photo stop at Penny Lane Development Centre where there are restrooms & small souvenir shop.
- Outside Childhood homes of John, Paul & George
- Woolton Village and St Peter's Church where John met Paul on 6th July 1957
- Outside both cathedrals
- Beatles Schools & colleges
- 12.00 - Mini Beatles Walk along Mathew Street and outside the Cavern with the Cilla Back statue.
- 12.30pm– Finish at the new Beatles Statues on Liverpool Waterfront (or we can arrange to drop your group at your hotel).
This is a group tour in your own coach or MPV, or we can arrange transport for you which you can book at an additional cost at checkout.
- Tour Guiding,
- Visit to Victorian Round Reading Room opposite the Empire Theatre where the Beatles played their last gig in Liverpool on 5 December 1965. There are rest rooms at this stop.
- Visit to Penny Lane Development Centre (during working hours - not for evening tours)
- Transport which you can book at an additional charge at checkout.
- You can extend your day out with a cruise on the Mersey Ferry or an unbeatable visit to the Radio City Tower 138m above the city.
- Or why not add a visit to the Beatles story museum.
- Or a group visit to the British Museum of Pop Music the British Music Experience.
- There is even the option to book a traditional "Scouse" lunch in the heart of the Baltic Quarter.
We can tailor this and any of our tours to suit the interests of your group. Tours can also be combined to create an exciting and bespoke holiday using a quality hotel in Liverpool City Centre with excursions out to explore a wider part of North West England and North Wales.