Liverpool Sporting History
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
- Product code: PVJFYA
This is primarily a group tour for those arriving by coach or for a smaller group in an MPV. The tour could easily be included as part of group visiting Liverpool for a football match or any other group wanting to stay in Liverpool for a city-break.
It is also a great idea for a group of friends as a Shore Excursion.
Although some of the tour includes Liverpool Football Club, it also covers all of the Liverpool Sporting History, Everton Football Club, the boxing history and of course Horse Racing with Liverpool being the home of the Grand National at Aintree Racecourse. and includes a guided sports tour in the new Museum of Liverpool.
If you decide to stay overnight or longer, for this tour we particularly suggest the Signature Living Group’s Shankly Hotel.
The tour starts with an optional welcome drink in the Shankly Hotel in Liverpool City which was of course inspired by the great Bill Shankly who was the most successful Liverpool Manager during the 1960’s and 1970’s. Here the Shankly family have created a small museum and there are lots of Memorabilia on display and your guide will bring the story to life for you.
After a very short walk to the Hillsborough Memorial you will enjoy a panoramic coach tour of Liverpool City Centre and you see how much the city has changed since the days of Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley. The legacy left by the very many players who played in the glory days helped to put Liverpool on the map internationally and is one of the very reasons that Liverpool was successful in its bid to host the European Capital of Culture in 2008.
Next you visit the Museum of Liverpool and enjoy a guided tour around a whole section of the museum dedicated to Liverpool City Regions sporting achievements & watch a panoramic LFC film with archive footage.
You’ll rejoin your coach to travel to a highspot looking over Everton Valley and the City itself with views out to the docks and as far as North Wales this is the home of Prince Rupert’s Tower which is shown on the Everton Football Club today.
You’ll walk around the outside of Everton’s stadium where there is a timeline from 1878 showing the players and the clubs history and you’ll recognise many international players. You’ll then take a short walk across the beautiful Stanley Park to visit Anfield which although was once the home of Everton is now proudly the home of Liverpool Football Club.
Next its lunch which can either be at the Conservatory in Stanley Park or the the Bistro at Anfield.
For the afternoon there are a few options depending on the options and interests of your group?
You can choose the new LFC stadium tour, however the new Liverpool Stadium Tour includes the brand new stand which increases the capacity to 54,074 for 2016 and the tour includes amazing Interactive museum tour which was opened and narrated by the Liverpool Legend Phil Thompson. The museum is also proud to hold the personal collection of medals and other memorabilia of Steven Gerrard.
There will also be time to visit the Liverpool or Everton Football Club shops to buy souvenirs or we you choose to miss off the stadium tour we can extend the city coach tour and take you for a guided walk around Liverpool One retail and leisure area which includes both LFC & EFC official souvenir stores.
If you choose to return to the city centre for the afternoon then you can book the extra Radio City Tower tour which is also in Liverpool One, or for Beatles fans you can book the Beatles Story.
Suggested timings - Full day tour (these can be amended to suit your arrival time)
- 09.30 - Start – Liverpool Shankly Hotel (with optional welcome Bucks Fizz for adult groups)
- 10.00 - Visit the Hillsborough Memorial.
- 10.15 - Guided coach tour of Liverpool including stop on Everton Brown with panoramic views.
- 11.00 - Visit Museum of Liverpool.
- 11.20 - LFC Film with archive footage
- 11.30 - Explore the sporting history and Grand National areas of Museum.
- 12.45 - Everton Football Club Timeline and walk across Stanley Park.
- 13.30 - Optional Extra 2-course Lunch at either the Isla Gladstone Conservatory or at the Bootroom Bistro at Liverpool Football Ground with then free time in the LFC or EFC souvenir shops.
- 14.30 - Optional LFC Stadium and Museum Tour or we can return to Liverpool One retail and leisure area with the option of the Radio City Tower Tour, or for Beatles fans they can visit the Beatles Story.
- 16.30 - Finish - Liverpool Shankly hotel
This is a group tour in your own coach or you can book suitable transport as an extra at checkout.
- Tourist guide for the day,
- Welcome drink and Lunch which you can book at checkout.
- Option LFC Stadium Tour,
**** Please note we can not arrange individual tickets for matches, we are only able to arrange corporate match tickets ****