Shore Excursion - Full Day Liverpool & Beatles - Motor coach & walking tour - 5 star reviews Liverpool's only full day Shore Excursion.
- Varighet: 6 Timer (ca.)
- Lokasjon: Liverpool, Merseyside
- Produktkode: ShoreexTTR
This is the very best Shore Excursion in Liverpool with 5 star reviews on the Liverpool Beatles Walk and Brilliant Liverpool Day Tours Trip Advisor Sites. The tour combines an easy city centre walk with a Motor Coach tour to visit the suburbs including the areas the Beatles were brought up & their schools & colleges.
Meeting Point at the Cruise Terminal!
This full day tour starts & finishes at the Cruise Terminal where you will meet your fun local Tour Guide.
The tour showcases the city centre in the footsteps of the Fab4. It starts on Canada Boulevard with its Canadian Maple trees as you leave the Cruise Terminal. You are immediately greeted by the iconic Liver Birds the height of a double decker bus towering above the Liver Buildings. Your guide will explain the day and tell the history of the waterfront buildings which include the Italianate Cunard Buildings which together we all the "Three Graces" & on week days you will see inside the Port of Liverpool Buildings with its sumptuous marble interior exuding wealth and representing Liverpool perfectly as it once stood at the helm of the British Empire.
This tour has something for everyone and is great fun & you will then have time to take fun "Selfies" at the new larger than life Beatles statues unveiled in 2016 & generously paid for by the Cavern Club.
With such an important maritime history it is hard to find anywhere else in the world where you can take such photos in front of the Cunard and Port of Liverpool Buildings and learn how they have recently been used for Hollywood films including Fantastic Beasts, Florence Foster Jenkins and your guide will explain the future development plans for Liverpool Waterfront in order to retain our World Heritage Site status.
Next its a short walk to the Museum of Liverpool which is the UK's newest National Museum where you will enjoy a panoramic Beatles film with archive footage.
The tour continues in the Albert Dock, passing the Billy Fury Statue & Maritime Museum through the World Heritage Site passing the Town Hall Balcony where the Beatles made their appearance on their return to Liverpool after the Edd Sullivan show and with the emergence of Beatlemania.
Liverpool after European Capital of Culture 2008!
You’ll see the new £1billiion leisure and shopping area "Liverpool One" which was rebuilt on the devastated bombed out area of the city from the Blitz in the 1940's and this was only possible as Liverpool won the bid to host the European Capital of Culture year in 2008 which kickstarted the regeneration and resulted in such a vibrant city.
No tour would be complete without the Beatles !
Next its a mini magical mystery walk along Mathew Street and we visit the Cavern Club itself where the Beatles played 292 times between 1961 & 1963.
We leave the Cavern & its wall of fame with an incredible array of bricks representing each and every group who have appeared at the Cavern since its opening in 1957, we pass the statues of Cilla Black and Eleanor Rigby & make our way to William Brown Street.
World Heritage Site
William Brown Street is an integral part of the World Heritage Site rich in American connections and dates back to the very earliest times in the Borough of Liverpool 800 years ago in 1207 at which time all that would have existed was a small fishing creek.
Nowadays it is home to St Georges Hall, the World Museum, the Walker Art Gallery (which houses paintings of Henry VIII & Elizabeth 1) & you will visit the stunning Victorian Round Reading Rooms where there are also rest rooms.
After a break to buy refreshments you willl board your air conditioned executive Motor Coach or luxury MPV for a panoramic City tour of Liverpool City Centre including the Georgian Quarter and Chinatown where you will find the largest Chinese Arch outside of mainland China.
"If you want a Cathedral we've got one to spare!"
As we take a short walk along Hope Street you guide will point out typical Georgian features on the houses and you'll take a selfie at the birthplace of John Lennon. You'll see both of our cathedrals and see inside the Anglican Cathedral which is awesome and is in fact the World's fifth largest cathedral & there will also be a short stop and chance to buy a "half" in perhaps Liverpool's most ornate pub called the "Phil" which was John Lennon's local.
Leafy suburbs & parks
Next we travel through the second largest park in Europe to Penny Lane & John's first house until he was 5 years old, 9 Newcastle Road all with "Blue Suburban Skies!". and then we continue to see Strawberry Field Gates and see outside John Lennon's second home called Mendips where he lived with his Aunt Mimi for 18 years until 1963.
Its a short drive then to Paul McCartney's childhood home and we stop for a few minutes to take photos before returning to Liverpool via "Ringoland" the area where Ringo was brought up close to the City Centre.
- Picked up and dropped off at the Cruise Terminal
- Local fun tour guide
- Panoramic Coach Tour of Liverpool City Centre
- Easy Walking tour through Liverpool World Heritage Site
- Mathew Street and the Cavern Club
- Free time to buy lunch & souvenirs
- William Brown Street, St Georges Hall, Museums & Gallery's
- Georgian Quarter including John Lennon's birthplace
- Visit the World's fifth largest cathedral.
- Penny Lane, Strawberry Field,
- Outside John, Paul & Ringo's childhood homes
- See and touch the statues, music on the coach and a whole lot of fun on this thrilling day out.
- Please bring around £15 cash to buy a coffee and a snack & maybe a souvenir
- Please wear appropriate clothing, shoes & as some of this tour involves short sections of walking on level even ground.
- Wear sun cream and bring a bottle of water
- On some days we might reverse the order of the tour and you might do the extended coach part of the tour in the morning, have free time for you to buy lunch and then do Mathew Street and the Waterfront in the afternoon.
- 09.15am - Meet & Greet your Guide near the Visitor Information area in Cruise Terminal
- Short easy guided walk along the waterfront & visit Port of Liverpool Buildings
- Visit Maritime Museum of Liverpool & Albert Docks.
- Liverpool World Heritage Site & Town Hall.
- Liverpool One, Eleanor Rigby statue & White Star Pub.
- Mathew Street, Eric's,new Cilla Black Statue & visit the Cavern Club.
- 12:00 - Free time for you to buy lunch & souvenirs
- Beatles Schools & Colleges, the cathedrals & Brian Epstein's apartment.
- Penny Lane Development Centre (where there are rest rooms)
- Strawberry Field & outside John Lennon's house
- 15.15pm - Arrive back at Liverpool Cruise Terminal by coach
********** If the ship is leaving early on the day we will adjust your start and finish time and we will ensure that everyone is back on board at least 45 minutes before "All aboard" *********
******* We might reverse the order of the tour and some might do the motor coach tour in the morning and the easy walk in the pedestrianised area after free time for lunch ***********
Starting Time & Location 09.15am - Liverpool Cruise Terminal (near the Visitor Information area)